I have decided to collect postcards and mail art of CLOCKS during 2015. They can be clocks in any form - I bet there is a clock postcard in your collection of cards to send. So any will be gratefully received and will be posted on this blog. If you haven't corresponded with me before please feel free to e-mail scriptorsenex at gmail dot com to ask for my address. All cards and mail art received will generate a card from me to you so if we are not regular correspondents please put your address on the card. Thank You! John Edwards

Wednesday 25 February 2015

No. 5 - Pocket Watches

Courtesy of my friend Susanne in Germany I got this super card of pocket watches.  Like me, Susanne loves pocket watches. I think they are so stylish and Susanne reckons men in suits look adorable!    After years of wearing a suit day in day out, I never seem to wear a suit nowadays  though sports jackets and open neck shirts are more my thing nowadays.  I've never owned a pocket watch.  I find wearing a waistcoat too hot so I wouldn't be able to show one off to its best advantage..




2 comments:

  1. I like this postcard and also pocket watches. My husband got one of those as wedding present. Unluckily, it doesn't work any more :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great photo because of the thoughts that pop into my mind. Pocket watches in shop windows look charming, but a wrist watch is easier to use. I wonder of the modern pocket watches have batteries.
    Yesterday I saw a man wearing a suit. It is not usually done around here, unless he is going to the races or a very special event. The man yesterday had come from another country and looked uncomfortable, even though he was in a fine airconditioned building.He could have removed his jacket and tie to appear more like his audience, but personal taste demanded he stick with his plan.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome - even if it just to say 'Hello'. I really enjoy seeing who has visited my blogs and what they think of the posts on them..