I have decided to collect postcards and mail art of CLOCKS during 2015. They can be clocks in any form - I bet there is a clock postcard in your collection of cards to send. So any will be gratefully received and will be posted on this blog. If you haven't corresponded with me before please feel free to e-mail scriptorsenex at gmail dot com to ask for my address. All cards and mail art received will generate a card from me to you so if we are not regular correspondents please put your address on the card. Thank You! John Edwards

Tuesday 10 February 2015

No. 2 - from Sweden

2389 - Monica not only managed to find me a clock on a postcard ...


but a clock stamp as well.  Actually there are two clock stamps - the left hand one has a Coltsfoot plant which, like the Dandelion, has a seedhead known as a clock in English.  I wonder if it is so called in Swedish?


The painting on the postcard is by Kerstin Westin.  Kerstin is a watercolorist best known for her works that feature antique decorations and furniture in authentic environments.   Kerstin incorporates the properties of light into her watercolors. “One should be able to feel and see if it’s autumn, morning or evening….to gain a sense of the history behind objects in the painting….the imagination is stimulated….who could, or had lived, in the space shown?”   Kerstin was born in 1955 in Lycksele and now resides in the South Sunderbyn area of Northern Sweden’s Luleå municipality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome - even if it just to say 'Hello'. I really enjoy seeing who has visited my blogs and what they think of the posts on them..